Welcome to the Catholic Community of Sts. James, Cornelius & Cyprian!
One’s first impressions of visiting a new place can be life-changing for any person. When I first arrived at St. James, Mason at the end of August, 2010, I was very impressed by the beauty of the church surroundings, gardens, flowers and more so the friendliness of the people. I truly felt this was my home and it still feels that way today!
When we clustered with Sts. Cornelius & Cyprian on October, 2015, I was a little apprehensive about how I will be received as a foreign-born priest in that small, country parish. Much to my surprise and amazement, at 7:30 am on that early Sunday morning, there was standing room only in their beautiful church; from little children with their parents, teenagers, young adults and the elderly they were all there to welcome me and celebrate our first Mass together. I truly felt this was my home too and it still feels that way today!
On July 1st, 2018 St. James and Sts. Cornelius & Cyprian were merged into a single parish to make us build a strong, vibrant new community of faith. As pastor of this new community, I welcome you and hope that you too will find a new home as you come visit us. On behalf of our entire new parish community, I hope you will find welcome, joy and happiness!
Fr. Kusi Cobona, Pastor
PLEASE NOTE! MASS TIMES CHANGED SEPTEMBER 30TH!
Saturday 4:00 PM in Mason
Sunday 8:30 AM in Bunker Hill
Sunday 10:30 AM in Mason
It's Apple Pie Time!
Last weekend to order Apple Pies!
It’s Apple Pie time again! Please order your pies in the gathering space after Masses this weekend.
They will be made on October 20th.You may also sign up to help make pies in the gathering space.
Roast of Father Kusi
Join the fun as we roast our beloved Pastor!
A Lighthearted FUN evening of food and laughter to honor our beloved pastor.
Pulled Pork and beverages are provided!
Bring: Your favorite dish to pass: Salad, Side, or Dessert
When: Saturday, October 13th after the 4:00 Mass
Where: Cave Hall at St James, Mason
ALL ARE WELCOME! Questions? Call Pat Morrison at 231-487-0126.
Special Mass for Victims of Abuse
Join us on Friday, October 12th at 12:10 PM for a special Mass for the victims of sexual abuse followed by Exposition after Mass today and Adoration and Benediction will begin at 7:00 at St. James in Mason.
Regular Mass Times
4:00 PM at St. James Mason
8:30 AM at Sts. Cornelius & Cyprian – Leslie
10:30 AM St. James – Mason
12:10 PM Tuesdays St. James - Mason
12:10 PM Wednesdays St. James - Mason
11:00 AM Thursdays Sts. CC - Leslie
(First Thursday of month -11 am Mass Green Acres)
9:00 AM Fridays St. James - Mason
Saturdays from 3:00 – 3:30 PM or by Appointment
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
8:00 AM - Noon Fridays
- Fr Kusi Cobona, Pastor
- Dcn Tom Feiten, Deacon
- Dcn. Al Turkovich, Deacon
- Alison Burch, Business Manager
- Bonnie Sweet, Office Administrator/Bulletin
- Gina Orlando, P/T Administrative Assistant
- Maureen Stockwell, Director of Faith Formation
- Heather Dunivon, Director of Youth Ministry/Evangelization
- Antoinette LaCinski, Director of Music
Readings for the Week of October 14, 2018
- Sunday: Wis 7:7-11 / Ps 90:12-13, 14-15, 16-17  / Heb 4:12-13 / Mk 10:17-30 or 10:17-27
- Monday: Gal 4:22-24, 26-27, 31—5:1 / Ps 113:1b-2, 3-4, 5a and 6-7 [cf. 2] / Lk 11:29-32
- Tuesday: Gal 5:1-6 / Ps 119:41, 43, 44, 45, 47, 48 [41a] / Lk 11:37-41
- Wednesday: Gal 5:18-25 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6 [cf. Jn 8:12] / Lk 11:42-46
- Thursday: 2 Tm 4:10-17b / Ps 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18  / Lk 10:1-9
- Friday: Eph 1:11-14 / Ps 33:1-2, 4-5, 12-13  / Lk 12:1-7
- Saturday: Eph 1:15-23 / Ps 8:2-3ab, 4-5, 6-7  / Lk 12:8-12
- Next Sunday: Is 53:10-11 / Ps 33:4-5, 18-19, 20, 22  / Heb 4:14-16 / Mk 10:35-45 or 10:42-45