Diocesan Services Appeal 2019
“Whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.” This scripture text assures us that we will be richly blessed for our generosity. The passage continues – “God is able to make every grace abundant for you, so that in all things . . . you may have an abundance for every good work.”
Every good work! That is exactly what results from our collective support for our annual appeal. Our contributions are put to work, right away, in a multitude of ministries to offer direct assistance to individuals and families and to our parishes and schools.
Next weekend our parish will conduct Commitment Weekend for our Diocesan Services Appeal. This is when we will be asking each member of Sts. James, Cornelius & Cyprian to consider a generous gift to DSA. Our parish goal of $57,812 can be reached if each one of us shares a portion of the many blessings God has bestowed upon us. Please prayerfully consider how you or your family will respond to this call to carry on Christ’s work in our community.
Lent 2019 Worship Schedule
Stations of the Cross
Fridays at 7:10 PM in Mason (begins March 8th)
Tuesdays at 7:00 PM in Mason (begins March 12th)
Lenten Penance Service
Thursday, April 11th 7:00 PM in Mason
Gift Card March Madness
Thank you for your donation to the “Gift Card March Madness” Calendar sponsored by The Catholic Community of Sts. James, Cornelius & Cyprian, with net proceeds to go to the Youth Group.
Drawings began on March 1, 2019. Winners will be notified by email or phone.
All ticket holders remain in the drawing for the entire month - everyone is eligible to win multiple prizes.
All prizes will be mailed or hand delivered to you at the address provided or by a Youth Group Member.
Prizes will be awarded each day as listed on the calendar. There are no exchanges, substitutions, or refunds .
Please contact Heather Dunivon at 517.676.9111 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Information needed to participate!
Phone to set up for delivery:______________________________________________________________
Email Address (for invoicing if needed):______________________________________________________
Which Youth Group Member should we thank for your entry?: ____________________________________
Amount Paid Cash _______ Check # _______ Donation of $20
|1st||Adado Auto Sales||Jon Stuckey|
|3rd||Five One Seven Salon & Spa||Don Kill|
|4th||A & W||Jeanette DeRosa|
|6th||Old Chicago||Karen Heiler|
|8th||Klavons & Vault Deli||Al Ott|
|9th||Sports Stop & Daily Scoop||Cathy Dunivon|
|12th||Daily Scoop & Darbs||Mary Helen Ried|
|13th||Salon 131||Helene Hendrickson|
|15th||City Limits||Robert Horneber|
|16th||Bass Pro Shops||Wendy Bouck|
|18th||Sports Stop||Sarah Williams|
|19th||Wooden Nickel||Dawn Doneth|
|20th||Klavons & Daily Scoop||Amy Adkins|
|22nd||Barnes & Noble||Dawn Gianino|
Regular Mass Times
4:00 PM at St. James Mason
8:30 AM at Sts. Cornelius & Cyprian – Leslie
10:30 AM St. James – Mason
12:10 PM Tuesdays St. James - Mason
12:10 PM Wednesdays St. James - Mason
11:00 AM Thursdays Sts. CC - Leslie
(First Thursday of month -11 am Mass Green Acres)
9:00 AM Fridays St. James - Mason
Saturdays from 3:00 – 3:30 PM or by Appointment
- Fr Kusi Cobona, Pastor
- Dcn Tom Feiten, Deacon
- Dcn. Al Turkovich, Deacon
- Alison Burch, Business Manager
- Bonnie Sweet, Office Administrator/Bulletin
- Gina Orlando, P/T Administrative Assistant
- Maureen Stockwell, Director of Faith Formation
- Heather Dunivon, Director of Youth Ministry/Evangelization
- Antoinette LaCinski, Director of Music
Make an online contribution or pay your Faith Formation tuition here!
My Own Church
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
8:00 AM - Noon Fridays (Mason only)
Readings for the week of March 24, 2019
- Sunday: Ex 3:1-8a, 13-15 / Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8, 11 [8a] / 1 Cor 10:1-6, 10-12 / Lk 13:1-9
- Monday: Is 7:10-14; 8:10 / Ps 40:7-8, 8b-9, 10, 11 [8a, 9a] / Heb 10:4-10 / Lk 1:26-38
- Tuesday: Dn 3:25, 34-43 / Ps 25:4-5ab, 6 and 7bc, 8-9 [6a] / Mt 18:21-35
- Wednesday: Dt 4:1, 5-9 / Ps 147:12-13, 15-16, 19-20 [12a] / Mt 5:17-19
- Thursday: Jer 7:23-28 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9  / Lk 11:14-23
- Friday: Hos 14:2-10 / Ps 81:6c-8a, 8bc-9, 10-11ab, 14 and 17 [cf. 11 and 9a] / Mk 12:28-34
- Saturday: Hos 6:1-6 / Ps 51:3-4, 18-19, 20-21ab [cf. Hos 6:6] / Lk 18:9-14
- Next Sunday: Jos 5:9a, 10-12 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7 [9a] / 2 Cor 5:17-21 / Lk 15:1-3, 11-32