START USING A PROGRAM CALLED SCRIP
Scrip is simply a term that means “substitute money.” Scrip fundraising is a no-selling program that allows you to raise money for St. James by using gift cards, or scrip, to pay for everyday purchases.
Here is how it works. You order gift cards from St. James and pay face value. We order the gift cards from Great Lakes Scrip Center for less than face value. We credit the difference, or rebate, to an approved St. James account of your choice (General, Capital Improvement, Faith Formation/ROCK Tuition, Lansing Region Catholic School Tuition, Faith Formation/Rock or Lansing Region Catholic School Tuition for another student, Approved Youth Event, or Scholarship). It’s really that simple!
Families using scrip gift cards instead of cash, checks or credit cards at their favorite retailers are fundraising while they shop. Great Lakes Scrip Center offers a huge variety of retailers, including grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations and so much more, so it’s easy to make scrip a part of any shopping routine. Just by regularly using scrip for weekly purchases, a single family can easily generate $500 or more annually toward an approved St. James account.
HOW TO PURCHASE GIFT CARDS
1. Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
. On the left hand side of the webpage look for the green box that reads “Family Sign Up” and click on “Create an Account” and follow the instructions. You will need St. James Enrollment Code below to complete the registration process. Please call the office for the code.
2. Order Gift Cards with your shopwithscrip account. Login and select the gift cards you would like.3. Print off your order and turn it in to the parish office with your payment unless you used PrestoPay.METHODS OF PAYMENT
1. PrestoPay is the best way to pay. To use PrestoPay, set up an account (see more information below). PrestoPay allows you to pay for your gift cards immediately online which is great for purchasing e-gift cards and reloading used gift cards. You can print your e-gift card usually within a few minutes and funds are available on your reloaded card usually by noon the next day if ordered by 3 p.m. the previous day. Note, it may take a couple of days for your PrestoPay account to work as the Scrip coordinator has to confirm your account.2. Orders and payment can be dropped off at the school office with a check made payable to St. James Scrip. Don’t forget to include a copy of your order.
PICKING ORDERS UP
1. Orders are due by 4:00 pm Monday will be ready for pick up by 1 p.m. Friday, if not sooner. The parish office hours are Monday - Friday 8 am to 4 pm, and Fridays 8 am to noon.
2. E-Cards are available generally within a few minutes and reloaded cards are available by 12 noon the next day when orders are placed by 3 p.m. the previous day.